Makes 8-10 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- To a large bowl add the cooled melted butter, rum and vanilla extract, whisk together. Add the eggs and sugar. Whisk together until well combined.
- In another bowl combine the pecan flour, oat flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Whisk together.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and lightly mix everything together. Fold in the cubed apples, mixing until just combined.
- Pour the mixture into a 9-10-inch greased pan. (We used a springform but any kind of pan is fine, round or square)
- Sprinkle the top with the ginger sugar and place in the oven. Bake for 60-70 minutes until the top is golden brown and it springs back when poked.