- Over medium heat, bring coconut milk, sugar, and salt to a simmer.
- Slowly add in cornmeal, whisking continuously.
- Continue whisking until funche has thickened to an oatmeal consistency.
- Remove from heat and whisk in pat of butter. Serve immediately.
- Soak cod in equal parts cold water and milk in refrigerator. Change liquid halfway through.
- If cod is still too salty to taste, cover in a pot with cold water and bring to a boil. Drain and taste. Continue this process until desired saltiness is achieved. Flake cod and set aside.
- In a pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add all ingredients except for cod and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Gently fold in cod and reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over funche.